Followers

Sunday 31 October 2010

Picnic Solace - little note card (tag) box

Hello!

Today I inked up my new Belles'n Whistles stamp called "Picnic Solace" and instead of making a card, I thought I would make a little note card box as I noticed a very nice tutorial on Elisabeth Bell's World challenges blog. Their October challenge (which is their first ever challenge by the way!!) is to make a project, a 3x3 note card box or tote and they've provided links for both tutorials (at Splitcoaststampers), I followed this one - 3x3 Note Card Box Tutorial.



I used beige cardstock for the base and some MME papers fom "The Merry Days of Christmas" collection.



The stamp like I said is Belles'n Whistles called Picnic Solace which I actually won in their previous blog hop. I used a Whimsy Stamps sentiment which is part of the Birthday Letter Seals set designed by Ann Vento.



I added a dotty ribbon wich I bought at a local craft store and used one of my favourite border punches.



The flower was made by me, I put a Woodware brad in the centre and added two buttons (which I actually bought this summer in Greece lol)



The image was coloured with watercolour pencils.



Instead of a card, I made a little tag which I put inside of the box and filled the box with roses.



I used one detail from the same image, coloured it in and added it to the tag. The tag base is a Stampendous stamp and I added a piece of the same dotty ribbon.



I'm actually very pleased how this little project turned out. :)

With this little note card box I'm entering the following challenges:

Elisabeth Bell's World challenges October project, to make 3x3 note card box or tote. I have to say that this challenge blog is just perfect for all those who love Elisabeth Bell images and like me have lots of stamps designed by her. :)

Belles'n Whistles challenge with the theme "Trick or Treat me" (the theme is not Halloween, but to either trick (add some hidden elements to your cards) or treat with a gorgeous card (I hope it doesn't have to be a card...)

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Halloween ! :)

9 comments:

  1. OH Vanja, what a beautiful box you have made!!!
    Thank you for joining us this month at the EBW Challenge BLog.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zdravo Vanja. Prekrasna kutija, super image i boje. Poz. Moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh this is GORGEOUS.... I'm so glad that you joined us for Elisabeth Bells World Note Tote Challenge. I just LOVE this little Picnic Solace image. As a matter of fact, I will have something on the Belles 'n Whistles blog on Wednesday using this very image. You're coloring of her is fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box and beautiful tag! Love the vintage feel, really gorgeous set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box and great image choice too!! I love how you created that tag with part of the stamp. Thanks for joining us at EBW!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I commented earlier but wanted to also thank you for joining us at Belles n' Whistles!! Your creation is a trick and treat... because we never knew you had a tag hidden.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. I love the little tags that you did to fill the box. Your box top is wonderful as well and the coloring very nice. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! Love the hugh flower on the top of the box and how you created the tag!

    Thanks so much for joining us at EBW Challenge Blog.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful project. So glad you could join us at the EBW Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it very much and will return the favour! :)
Vanja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails