Followers

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Two cards for the Whiff of Joy GD call




Hello!

I made two cards today for the Whiff of Joy GD Call which is open till Sunday. This time Katharina chose a colour combo for the challenge: orange, red + one more colour of our choice(black and white can be used too).

Here are my two cards:
The first one:



With the first card I wanted to do an Oriental theme and try something different. Beside red and orange, on this card I also used green. I thought I would make a little window and put a red net on it, to make it look a bit mysterious with the image kind of hidden inside of the card. The green paper is Basic Grey, Wassail, the flower stamp is from the Whiff of Joy, "Sheherazade" kit and the corner stamp is Queen Kat Designs. I also added some glitter. The brads (which I think are my favourites) are used to hold the net.



This is what the inside of the card looks like. I used a distress ink pad, to give everything on the card a nice distressed look.



I stamped the flowers on the red cardstock with the same flower stamp and also added some glitter on them. The image and the sentiment are both from the Whiff of Joy, "Sheherazade" kit, too. I used a piece of the same Basic Grey paper, the lace and the ribbon are from stash.



I coloured the image and also the flowers with watercolour pencils.



I hope I succeeded in my attempt to give this card an "Oriental tone". :)


And my second card:



Again, with this card I also wanted to try something a little different. I thought I would make an Autumn card, since red and orange do remind me of Autumn and the third colour I used on this card is beige. I stamped the image, which is I think my favourite stamp from the Whiff of Joy "Autumn kit" , with distress ink and coloured it with the same ink pad. The paper is My Minds Eye - "Bloom and Grow", which I bought here and that's where the brads and the red flowers came from, too. The sentiment is again from the "Sheherazade" kit, i really love all the sentiments from the kit. I also added a Prima flower; the lace, ribbon and the rope are from stash.



The image, like I said, has been coloured with distress ink pad "Vintage Photo".



Don't forget to enter the Whiff of Joy GD Call.

Thank you so much for stopping by and wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. OH....Vanja, your cards are absolutely wonderful!!!!
    beautiful look!
    Willow is adorable.
    Hugs, Mumur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Vanja, za super ideju. Prekrasne čestitke i image so prelepi! Puno sreče sa DT callom. Poz. Moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow two fantastic cards Vanja, very creative and beautifully made.
    Hugz Rach xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Vanja stunning work and so worthy of being picked...I love the mess on the first its such a great idea
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Your cards are amazing! Love your details and coloring!
    Good luck on the GDT call!

    hugs,
    Jorunn

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 super charming and lovely cars Vanja. Love all the details and the idea with tht enet on the first card.
    Katharina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the DT call Vanja! Love that netting over the image and thanks so much for the envelope of images, really kind of you

    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it very much and will return the favour! :)
Vanja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails