Followers

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Two more Belles 'n Whistles cards

Good evening!
I've made two more cards today using my new Belles 'n Whistles stamps from the Spring/Clean/Summer collection. The BnW DT call ends tonight, so I'm using this opportunity to enter the call for the second time with the first one of my two cards. I also followed the sketch at the Sketch Saturday.
I'm also entering the Papertake Weekly challenge which has the theme - "Shiny, Sparkly and Special";
Lili of the Valley challenge with the theme - "Here comes Summer";
Stamp Something challenge which has the theme - "Birthday somethings"



I really love this adorable Belles 'n Whistles stamp which is called "Wishes". I wanted to achive the "sepia look", so I stamped the image with my distress ink pad - "Vintage Photo", which I bought at the Secret Crafter, that's where the paper and the brads came from, too. The paper is My Minds Eye, "Bloom and Grow". The sentiment is Whiff of Joy. The flowers are Prima and I added one bordoux flower and bordoux cardstock for the base to give a nice contrast to the rest of the card. The flowers came form Bunny Zoes Crafts. The lace, ribbon, rope and the pins are from stash.



I also distressed around the image, sentiment and the paper with the same ink pad and also added lots of glitter on the flowers and the grass in the image and also on the edges of the image and the sentiment. It's not easy to capture all the lovely sparkle on the card, I tried from different angles. I hope you could notice in the photo above, it really has a lovely shiny look in real life.



Like I said, I used "Vintage Photo" distress ink pad to stamp and colour the image. I used my paint brush and some water for the colouring, adding more ink in some places.



the sketch at the Sketch Saturday:


My second BnW card was made for the Roses on Paper/Belles 'n Whistles challenge, which is a colour combo - pink, orange and yellow.
I also followed the sketch at the Timbroscrapmania
I'm also entering the ABC challenge which has the theme - "U is for unused stash" and my stamp is brand new :)



This Belles 'n Whistles stamp is called "Belle with Laundry" and it's also from the Spring/Clean/Summer collection. The collection is soo beautiful, I still can't decide which stamp is my favourite! :) The papers are again MME "Bloom and Grow". The sentiment is Whiff of Joy, the stamp in the corners is SU. The white flower is Poppicrafts. The rest is from stash.



The image has been coloured with watercolour pencils.



the sketch at the Timbroscrapmania


Thank you for stopping by and have a lovely evenig! :)

7 comments:

  1. Both cards are absolutely stunning Vanja. Thanks for entering the second time for our DT call and also for playing along with your second card at ROP/BNW combined challenges.

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanja, your cards are just gorgeous! I love your sepia card :) Thank you for your 2nd entry & Good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards :-) the images are lovely and the papers and embellies are fab :-)

    thanks for joining in the PTW Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Vanja, thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday with youre fabulous card...wow..
    Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards! Thanks so much for joining in at Stamp Something this week, hope to see you back again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Vanja!!! Beautiful card both!!! I love the sepia tones of the first one and the pink/peach of the second one!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Timbroscrapmania challenge.

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waw i ove čestitke su prekrasne, super boje, prekrasni image i super detaili! Poz.Moni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it very much and will return the favour! :)
Vanja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails