Followers

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Looking forward to Summer :)

Hello!
I made a card last night for some challenges. After a Christmas theme last time, I thought I'd go summer with this card! :)
It's been an awful Spring this year, with a terrible weather, just a several warm Sunny days and only rain, rain, rain... It's cloudy and cold today, again, thankfully it's not raining at the moment, but those ugly grey clouds that I can see through the window are simply working against us... :(
I can't wait for those hot summer days now, I used to complain about our summer temperatures here (sometimes over 40C), but I look forward to them now, I just ask for a bit of Sun! Is that too much!? :)

Anyway, I'm entering the following challenges: Belles 'n Whistles (you know how I adore these stamps) have started with the challenges on their own BnW blog now and this is their first Belles 'n Whistles challenge - they want us to "create a project incorporating D.I.Y. Flowers", which is , I believe to create our own flowers.
Cupcake Craft challenge has the theme - "Summer Delights''
Papertake Weekly, with the theme - "Fun, fun, fun..."
Everybody Art challenge, the theme is "Summer"
Stamp with Stampavie and more, the theme is also - "Summer"
Timbroscrapmania challenge has the theme - "Rosa Fashion", I do have a bit of green, too on my card, but I think pink dominates
A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge with the theme - "Celebrations"
and Lili of the Valley challenge - I followed the sketch.



For this card I used another stamp from the Belles 'n Whistles Spring/Clean/Summer collection (I won the whole release, if you remember), I adore this beautiful image! The papers are My Mind Eye - "Bloom and Grow" and just like the brads I used, they came from here. The sentiment is Whiff of Joy. I also used one of my border punches and a corner punch, too and the ribbons are from stash.



The image was coloured with watercolour pencils.



I made the flower with some pieces of pink cardstock, I distressed the edges with a distress ink pad and put a brad in the centre.



This is the sketch at the Lili of the Valley challenge:


I also want to say that I was the lucky winner of Michelle's amazing blog candy!! How awesome! Thank you so much Michelle, I look forward to receiving it! :)

Oh, and I will have an exciting news to share on Saturday!!

Thank you for stopping by and have a lovely day! :)

12 comments:

  1. nice little girl!
    Thanks for joining EAC!
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a delightful card ! Love the image and your flower is gorgeous ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...Lovely image and nice colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Odlična je!
    Super ti je ispao cvijet!
    Ja sam pokušala ali nisu mi se sviđali.
    Nekako izgledaju kao da ih je nešto pregazilo.lol.
    I imaš odličan punch.
    Sviđaju mi se rubovi.
    Svaka čast!
    Pozdrav!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi vanj
    ayour card is adorable!!!
    thanks for joining us at TimbroScrapMania
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vanja, Oh how I love this beautiful card. The color combo is wonderful and the image is just so darling. Beautiful Summer card. Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card and perfect for this week's challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Craft Challenge :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is soooo pretty! I love the colors and your handmade flower is beautiful!!!! Love it all! Thank you so much for joining us in the Belles 'n Whistles challenge!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work Vanja! Love the handmade flower :) Thanks for joining the Belles N Whistles challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vanja, I love your card! Great flower! Thanks for playing with us at our first Belles N Whistles challenge. Good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waw ostala sam bez reči. Image je presladak, cvet je super lep i kombinacija boja ti je super! Poz. moni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vanja!!! Your card is adorable!!!! A little bit of green is ok!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Timbroscrapmania challenge.

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it very much and will return the favour! :)
Vanja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails